Collection of 28 soup recipes – Winter is the time when we look forward to a cup of hot tea or coffee or have a hot bowl of soup. Soups are excellent for winters. Warming, comforting as well as nourishing.
If you are looking forward to having soup this winter, then here is a collection of 28 vegetarian healthy soup recipes for you. They are easy to prepare and make for good brunch or lunch/dinner starters.
28 Vegetarian Soup recipes
1. Tomato Soup – Easy to make restaurant-style tomato soup. Step by step recipe. This is one of the most popular soup recipes on the blog.
2. Veg Soup – a very simple recipe to make a clear veg soup. This soup is light, healthy and nutritious. You can use veggies of your choice or any spare veggie that you have in the fridge.
3. Corn Soup – This is an easy and delicious creamy corn soup made with sweet corn, herbs and spices. For this soup, you can use the American sweet corn or the regular corn
4. French Onion Soup – Our favorite French Onion Soup made vegetarian with the classic recipe.
5. Manchow Soup – Spicy and hot soup made from mixed vegetables. An Indo Chinese step by step recipe. In the Indian Chinese restaurants, this soup is served with fried noodles. Just to give a restaurant like flavor, I also added fried noodles.
6. Spinach Soup – Here is one easy and tasty low-calorie soup recipe. A good way to include healthy greens in your diet. The soup can be served plain or with some crusty bread or even as a starter.
7. Mushroom Soup – This is an easy and quick one pot recipe for making cream of mushroom soup. A creamy smooth soup comforting in the winters.
8. Broccoli Soup – Smooth, creamy and comforting soup made from broccoli florets. This soup can be served plain or with a toasted buttered bread or baguette.
9. Carrot Soup – A delicious one pot, creamy and thick carrot soup that you will be making again and again. The recipe is also vegan and gluten-free.
10. Hot and sour soup – This is a spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. You can add veggies of your choice. The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
11. Pumpkin Soup – This is an easy and tasty recipe of one-pot pumpkin soup. The recipe is more of an european style. This pumpkin soup makes for a light dinner accompanied with some warm toasted bread or baguette.
12. Carrot Ginger Soup – This is an easy recipe of a comforting vegan soup made with carrots and spiced with ginger. There is sweet taste in the soup coming from the carrots along with the warmth of ginger.
13. Lemon Coriander Soup – A clear vegetable soup flavored with lemon and coriander leaves. Lemon adds to the tangy taste and coriander leaves give subtle citrus notes in this vegetable soup.
14. Tom Yum Soup – This is a spicy and sour soup recipe from Thai cuisine. I am sharing a vegetarian version of this soup made with mushrooms, carrots and french beans. This is a healthy soup and excellent for cold and coughs.
15. Noodle Soup recipe – This is a clear soup that is lightly spiced and mild. The soup is made with mix veggies and noodles. The taste of the soup is faintly sour with an umami flavor.
16. Nutritious Mix Vegetable Soup – This is a light, tasty and nutritious soup made with mixed vegetables and mung sprouts. If you don’t have mung sprouts, you can just skip them. You can also add tofu in the soup. It is a low fat and vegan soup recipe.
17. Cream of Tomato Soup – This vegan soup recipe has a creamy, smooth consistency with a light tanginess from the tomatoes. The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which also balances the tang of the tomatoes with their inherent sweetness. Instead of cashews, you can also use peeled almonds.
18. Carrot Tomato Soup – This is one of the easiest soup to make with carrots & tomatoes and onions. It has the sweetness of the carrots & onions, along with the slight tanginess of the tomatoes. Garlic in the soup gives a slight sharpness with the earthy flavors of cumin.
19. Creamy Corn Vegetable Soup – Sweet and creamy corn soup made with fresh corn, milk and veggies. The creaminess and sweetness in this soup, comes from the corn kernels. You can also make this soup from tinned corn kernels. But fresh corn is the best.
20. Roasted Tomato Soup – This is a tangy soup made from roasted tomatoes. Roasting the tomatoes lends a warm, earthy flavor to the tomatoes which you won’t get in the regular tomato soup.
21. Thai Veg Tofu Soup – A soothing, warming and healing Thai veg soup to beat the chill in winters. The ingredients that go in this soup heals you from the cold ailments experienced in winters.
22. Tomato Shorba – This is an easy and light tomato soup spiced with Indian spices. Tomato shorba is a simple as well as a quick soup recipe and gets done within 20 to 25 minutes. It is minimally spiced, light and goes very well as a starter soup.
23. Celery Soup Recipe – A one pot soup recipe with celery and potatoes. I have not used milk and all-purpose flour to thicken the soup. Instead added potatoes to thicken the soup.
24. Clear Mushroom Soup – an easy recipe of Chinese style mushroom soup. This is a clear soup recipe. I have not used any veg stock in the recipe and cooked the mushrooms in water. If you have veg stock, you can use it.
25. Spring Onions Soup Recipe – In this soup, apart from spring onions I have used one potato to thicken the soup. The soup is made with minimal ingredients so as to bring out the best of spring onions. An easy soup recipe.
26. Russian Borscht Soup recipe – Borscht is a Russian and Ukranian soup made primarily with beetroots and other veggies. The other veggies that are usually added are cabbage, carrots potatoes and dill leaves.
27. Bottle Gourd Soup Recipe – This is a thick, rich, creamy and nutritious soup made with bottle gourd or opo squash.
28. Makai ka Shorba – This is a light and easy to prepare delicious Indian style corn soup. There are quite a number of shorba or soup recipes in the Indian cuisine and this is one such delicious soup recipe.